Shake, Rattle & Roll is a short documentary which explores the history, inspirations and motivations within the 1950s revival culture in Vancouver, focusing on three main aspects of the lifestyle: hot rods, burlesque & of course rock and roll!
This documentary was produced by my 2007 BCIT production team, Basement Entertainment. It was awarded the CBC Award for Excellence in Television and the Deluxe Vancouver Award. View the whole documentary in four segments on YouTube.
My role: Graphic Design, Graphic Animation & Camera Operation
- shot b-roll footage throughout production
- conceptualized and designed all graphic elements: opening title sequence, section stingers, name keys, and final credits
- designed posters for documentary promotion
Just Cause Investors is an Impact Investment company that uses innovative business tools to help private companies and non-profit organizations obtain investments that they require to succeed.
As a local startup company, JCI approached me with a need for a basic B2B website that was required in a very tight timeframe. This site was designed to act as their temporary brand and as a starting point for their online presence.
My role: Graphic & Web Design
- Worked with company executives to develop a look and feel for a temporary website required to be live and fully functioning within one month.
- Designed and delivered a branded website that satisfied the clients B2B requirements.
In February 2011, Chief and Council members from First Nations communities in the northwest of B.C. gathered for a two-day HIV/AIDS forum. The forum was hosted by the Northern BC Aboriginal HIV/AIDS Taskforce and facilitated by Chee Mamuk, Aboriginal Program from the BC Centre for Disease Control. The leaders shared their thoughts about the HIV epidemic in their own communities and made recommendations for action. This book is a compilation of those thoughts created by Hello Cool World.
My role: Project Management & Photographer’s Assistant
- booked flights and accommodations for crew
- transported photo, video and lighting gear from Vancouver to Prince Rupert and back
- assisted photographer, Nancy Bleck, with studio setup and portrait photo shoot
- selected best photos for publication
- transcribed interviews of Northern chiefs
- managed print production of final publication
Almost 10 years since it’s debut, Canada’s most successful documentary, The Corporation, has been reissued for educational markets. The film’s creator, Mark Achbar, hired Hello Cool World to brand and distribute an Educational Version of the doc, which includes interviews with The Corporation author Joel Bakan on the Occupy movement, Katherine Dodds on social branding, and two short films by Annie Leonard from her Story of Stuff project.
My role: Project Management & Video Production
- determined DVD project timeline and assigned tasks to graphic designer and post-production house
- collected and tracked price quotes for production of DVD
- coordinated authoring, packaging, and duplication of DVDs
- Pre-Production Planning: scheduled shoots for DVD Extras; organized talent, crew, and gear
- Production: setup camera, audio, and lighting gear; conducted interview with Katherine Dodds
- Post-Production: edited final interviews of Joel Bakan and Katherine Dodds